We have access to 15,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students studying at the University of Surrey. Current students can be targeted by their subject and level of study so we can deliver on very specific person specifications.
Early engagement with final year students is an important aspect to recruiting graduate positions, we can work with you to target your ‘ideal’ students and make sure you have the pick of the best before other employers.
Students are a perfect resource for working unsociable and flexible hours, graduates will bring fresh ideas, enthusiasm and key skills from their studies. Our large cohort of European and International students enables us to provide very cost effective language and translation services.
Our consultants do not work on commission and all the profits are re-invested to improve student facilities.
Benefits To You
Temporary staff enable businesses to adjust easily and quickly to workload fluctuations caused by employee absences (illness, holidays, maternity or disability leave, sudden departure); unexpected or temporary demands (special projects, seasonal or peak periods, special events). We can also support you with exploring, developing and expanding in new business areas.
• Evaluation without commitment
You can hire a temp to trial a new team structure or position before you commit to hiring someone to the post permanently, or trial a worker on a ‘temp to perm’ basis, enabling you to decide if you want to take the person on permanently.
• Time saving
Saves you time – you only need to look at quality CVs and interview candidates who have already been screened and shortlisted.
You will experience a friendly and professional approach with an individually tailored service to suit your needs.
Temporary staffing service:
• Sourcing and placement of temporary worker
• Online timesheet and reporting system
• Reference checking
• Full payroll service, ensuring employer on-costs (holiday, workplace pension and NI contributions) are covered.
• Full eligibility to work checks (ID and Visa checking)
Permanent recruitment service:
• Advertising and profile raising of the post
• Targeted emails to students studying specific subjects and/or levels
• Sifting and short-listing applications
• Arrange conference rooms for assessment centres/interviews
• Arranging interviews
• Rejecting unsuccessful applications and giving feedback to applicants
• Appointment of successful candidate
We can conduct salary research and give advice on pay rates and levels.
We work with companies and organisations from a range of industry sectors including:
Some of our recent assignments and placements:
Welsh Speaking Sales Exec
Spanish Speaking Survey Caller
Night Support Assistant
Disability Support Assistant
Our service and procedures ensure all recruitment activity is fully compliant with current employment and UKVI legislation. We work to Agency Worker Regulations and ensure equal opportunities and diversity across all areas. We are also a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, the recruitment industry’s professional body.
Being part of the Unitemps franchise network, gives us access to students at:
• University of Warwick
• Birmingham City University
• Canterbury Christ Church University
• De Montfort University
• University of Leicester
• University of Roehampton
• City University London
• University of Northampton
• University of Nottingham
• Staffordshire University