If you've met and exceeded conditions for your firm choice, you might wish to think about looking for an alternative course or university. Adjustment offers the opportunity for applicants that hold an unconditional firm offer to reconsider swapping this place for an alternative.
When is Adjustment?
Adjustment is available from A-level results day (Thursday 13 August 2020). Please check UCAS or University webpages to see what is available. A lot of competitive courses will be full, but it is worth checking as other applicants may not have met the conditions of their offer or decided to change their course preference, so it is worth enquiring.
What is Adjustment?
If you’ve accepted a conditional offer as your firm choice and your results exceed that offer, Adjustment offers the opportunity to reconsider where you want to study.
How do I apply?
- Read the guidance on UCAS to make sure you're eligible.
- Check to see if your chosen course is available (our list of Clearing courses will be published on Monday 6 July). It will be continually updated as courses become full).
- If you have your results, call us and we'll discuss whether your results meet our requirements and if we can make you an offer. We'll be open at the following times:
- Thursday 13 August: 6am – 6pm
- Friday 14 August: 7am – 4pm
- Saturday 15 August: 10am – 4pm
- Sunday 16 August: 10am – 4pm
What happens after I get an offer?
Everything you need to do will be explained either on the phone or in your offer email.
- Once you have spoken with one of staff members in our Clearing hub you will receive your offer email, this can take a little while to come through, if you don’t receive within an hour please contact us.
- Follow the instructions in your offer letter, you will receive guidance on how to refer yourself via UCAS to the University of Surrey (S85) and deadlines you will be required to meet. Please note you will only be able to refer your application from 3pm on Thursday 13 August.
- Once you have referred your application you may wish to consider arrangements for your accommodation.
- You will receive an acknowledgement email the evening of the day you have referred your application to us. You will now be able to set up your account on Surrey Self-Service.
- The Admissions team will review your application and check your qualifications against notes taken during your conversation with the team and a final check on your application will be done before a formal offer is made. Please be sure to check Surrey Self-Service for any requests for documentation which may be required before you will be made your formal offer
- Once your formal offer has been made you are all set – further information and joining instructions will then be sent to you in due course.
Can I visit the University?
If you are made an offer you may wish to view our virtual campus tour. We hope to be able to offer tours in person in the future, please revisit this page for further details on this.