Dr Haiyue Yuan
Qualifications: BEng in Mobile Communication System (2007), MSc in Finance (2009), PhD (2013)
Phone: Work: 01483 68 6085
Room no: 27 BB 02
Haiyue Yuan graduated from the University of Sheffield, UK in 2007 with a BE degree in Mobile Communication System in Electronic Engineering. He completed a Master's degree in Finance from the University of Sheffield, UK in 2008. He joined the I-Lab, Centre for Vision, Speech, and Signal Processing (CVSSP), University of Surrey as a PhD student in October 2009. He graduated in 2013 with PhD degree. Since May 2013, he has been working in different projects with the Digital World Research Centre (DWRC), Department of Computer Science, and CVSSP. An Android app ‘Com-Note’ co-implemented by Haiyue Yuan was released to Google App Store. In October 2014, he joined Department of Computer Science as a Research Fellow working on the Innovate UK project POLARBEAR under the supervision of Dr Shujun Li and Prof Anthony T.S. Ho. Since April 2016, he has been working on the COMMANDO-HUMANS as a Research Fellow.
- Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Usable Security
- 3D Video Processing
- Digital Forensics
- Machine Learning
- Haiyue Yuan, Shujun Li, Patrice Rusconi, Nouf Aljaffan, "When Eye-tracking Meets Cognitive Modeling: Applications to Cyber Security Systems," Human Aspects of Information Security, Privacy, and Trust. HAS 2017 (accepted)
- Nouf Aljaffan, Shujun Li, Haiyue Yuan, "VPC: A Visual Password Checker for Educating Users on Password Security," Human Aspects of Information Security, Privacy, and Trust. HAS 2017 (accepted)
- Haiyue Yuan, Shujun Li, Anthony T.S. Ho, Paul Palmer, Andy Lloyd and Graham Head, "Forensic Vehicle Convoy Analysis Using ANPR Data," poster presented at DFRWS EU 2016, 29-31 March 2016, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- David M.Frohlich, Tom Armstrong, Janko Calic, Haiyue Yuan, Tara Knights, Simon Debrulais, “Com-Note: Designing a composer’s notebook for collaborative music composition,” Digital Research in the Humanities and Arts Conference 2014 (published in 2015).
- Haiyue Yuan, Calic, J., Kondoz, A., “Quality of interaction experience in stereoscopic 3DTV," International Conference on Imaging Processing (ICIP) 2014, Special Session: Quality of Experience in 3D Multimedia Systems.
- Haiyue Yuan; Calic, J.; Kondoz, A., "Facilitating interaction with stereoscopic 3D display devices," 3DTV-Conference: The True Vision - Capture, Transmission and Display of 3D Video (3DTV-CON), pp. 1-4, 2014
- Emily Glorney, Kevin Wells, Haiyue Yuan, Adrian Hilton, Derek Perkins., “The development of a quantitative observation system for the early warning of violent behaviours within a secure environment”, International Society for Research on Aggression, XXIst World Meeting; Atlanta; 18th July 2014
- Haiyue Yuan, Calic, J., Fernando, A., Kondoz, A.,“Impact of disparity error on user experience of interacting with stereoscopic 3D video content,” 2013 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME) Hot3D Workshop
- Haiyue Yuan, Calic, J., Fernando, A., Kondoz, A.,“Investigation and Evaluation of Pointing Modalities for Interactive Stereoscopic 3D TV,” 2013 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), “Multimedia for humanity” track
- Haiyue Yuan, Calic, J., Kondoz, A., “Analysis of User Requirements in Interactive 3D Video Systems,” Advances in Human-Computer Interaction, vol. 2012, Article ID 343197, 11 pages, 2012
- Haiyue Yuan, Calic, J., Fernando, A., Kondoz, A., “User Requirements Elicitation of Stereoscopic 3D Video Interaction,” 2012 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo Workshops (ICMEW) pp.31-36, 9-13 July 2012
- Haiyue Yuan, Calic, J., Kondoz, A.,“Intuitive Interaction With Stereoscopic 3D Video Content,” Doctoral Consortium of the 26th Annual BCS Interaction Specialist Group Conference on People and Computers (BCS-HCI ’12). British Computer Society, Swinton, UK, 2012.
- Haiyue Yuan, Calic, J., Kondoz, A.,“How do users select stereoscopic 3D content?,” 3DTV-Conference: The True Vision - Capture, Transmission and Display of 3D Video (3DTV-CON), 2012, pp. 1-4, 2012