Dr Santosh Tirunagari
Research Fellow, NICE
Qualifications: B. Tech (2009), MSc. (Tech) (Aalto 2013), PhD (Surrey 2017)
Santosh Tirunagari joined the Department of Computer Science, University of Surrey as a PhD student in January 2014. He is supervised by Dr Norman Poh of the Department of Computer Science and Dr David Windridge of the CVSSP. His research topic is "Advancing Machine Learning and Data Mining Algorithms for Processing Big Data". He completed his Masters degree from Department of Information and Computer Science, School of Science, Aalto University, Finland in 2013. Before joining the Masters degree program in 2010, he was working with Medecode Solutions as a web programmer for 6 months, and later he joined rofus s/w ltd. where he was employed at Google India pvt. ltd. (client) to work on Google Maps. He completed his Bachelor degree in Computer Science from the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, India 2009.
After completing his PhD study, he continues as a full-time Research Fellow funded by the MRC (Medical Research Council), working on the research project "Modelling and Predicting the Progression of Chronic Kidney Disease", under supervision of Dr Norman Poh. He was a part-time Research Fellow as well during his PhD study.
- Machine Learning
- Big Data Analytics
- Data Mining
- Information Retrieval
- Kernel Methods
- Natural Language Processing
- Vuorinen, V., J. Yu, S. Tirunagari, O. Kaario, M. Larmi, C. Duwig, and B. J. Boersma. “Large-eddy simulation of highly underexpanded transient gas jets.,” in Physics of Fluids 25, no. 1 (2013): 016101-016101.
- N. Poh, S. Tirunagari and D. Windridge, Challenges in Designing an Online Healthcare Platform for Personalised Patient Analytics, IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Big Data, Orlando, accepted, 2014.
- S. Tirunagari, N. Poh, K. Aliabadi, D. Windridge, Patient Level Analytics Using Self-Organising Maps: A Case Study on Type-1 Diabetes Self-care Survey Responses, IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Data Mining, Orlando, accepted, 2014.
- Santosh Tirunagari. “Exploratory Data Analysis of Turbulent Flows,” in International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering Technology, 2012, Volume 3, Issue 8, 324-331, ISSN : 2229-3345.
- Santosh Tirunagari, Maria Hanninen, Abhishek Guggilla, Kaarle Stahlberg, Pentti Kujala. “Impact of Similarity Measures on Causal Relation Based Feature Selection Method For Clustering Maritime Accident Reports,” in Journal of Global Research in Computer Science, 2012, Volume 3, Issue 8, 46-50, ISSN : 2229-371X.
- Jingzhou Yu, Ville Vuorinen, Ossi Kaario, Teemu Sarjovaara, Santosh Tirunagari, Martti Larmi. “Experimental study of the characteristics of high pressure ratio pulsed jets using planar laser- induced fluorescence (PLIF),” revision in International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow.
- Santosh Tirunagari, Ville Vuorinen, Ossi Kaario, Martti Larmi. “Analysis of Proper Orthogonal Decomposition and Dynamic Mode Decomposition on LES of Subsonic Jets,” in CSI Journal of Computing, 2012, Volume 1, Issue 3, 46-50, eISSN : 2277-7091.
- Mari-Sanna Paukkeri, Ilkka Kivimki, Santosh Tirunagari, Erkki Oja and Timo Honkela. “Effect of Dimensionality Reduction on Different Distance Measures in Document Clustering,” in Neural Information Processing, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2011, Volume 064/2011, 167-176, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-24965-5_19.
- Tirunagari, Santosh; Hulkkonen, Tuomo; Vuorinen, Ville; Kaario, Ossi; Larmi, Martti. “Proper Orthogonal Decomposition Analysis of Cross Sectional Fuel Spray Data,” in 12th Triennial International Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems, ICLASS 2012, ISBN 978-88-
903712-1-9, Heidelberg, Germany, September 2-6, 2012.
- Santosh Tirunagari, Maria Hanninen, Kaarle Stahlberg, Pentti Kujala. “Mining Causal Relations and Concepts from Maritime Accident Investigation Reports,” in International Conference cum Exhibition on Technology of the Sea in INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF
INNOVATIVE RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT, Tech Samudra 2012, Vol 1 Issue 10 (Special Issue), ISSN 2278 0211, IMU, Visakhapatnam, December 6-8, 2012.
- M. Hänninen, M. Sladojevic, S. Tirunagari & P. Kujala. ”Feasibility of collision and grounding accident data for probabilistic accident modeling, ” in International Conference on Collision and Grounding of Ships and Offshore Structures, 6th ICCGS 2013, Taylor and Francis.
- Pugliese, Roberto, Jayasimha Rao, and Santosh Tirunagari. "Unsupervised approaches to visual analysis of human motion: towards automatic classification of activity and behavior."
- Honkela, T., Lagus, K., Dobrinkat, M., Kohonen, O., Kumlander, M., Lindh-Knuutila, T., ... & Tirunagari, S. Computational Cognitive Systems. Adaptive Informatics Research Centre Department of Information and Computer Science Aalto University School of Science PO Box 15400 FI–00076 Aalto, Finland, 145.
- Lagus, K., Kurimo, M., Honkela, T., Virpioja, S., Kohonen, O., Paukkeri, M. S., ... & Tirunagari, S. Natural language processing. Adaptive Informatics Research Centre Department of Information and Computer Science Aalto University School of Science PO Box 15400 FI–00076 Aalto, Finland, 133.
Tutor /Teaching Assistant/ Demonstrator
- COMM033 Databases and Knowledge Discovery
- COMMO30 Enterprise Systems Development
- COMM033 Databases and Knowledge Discovery
- Image Processing and Vision Lab