Faculty Student Services
Please note the location of your Faculty Student Services
Offices as follows:
Term time opening hours are 09:00 - 17:00.
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Elizabeth Fry Building, Second Floor (01AD02)
T: 01483 68 2124
Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences
Thomas Telford Building, Second Floor (08AA02)
T: 01483 68 9882
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
Stag Hill students: Duke of Kent Building, Second Floor (09DK02)
Manor Park students: Level 1, Vet School Main Building
T (Stag Hill) : 01483 68 4505
T (Manor Park) : 01483 689889
Email (Stag Hill): email@example.com
Email (Manor Park): firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Student Services – What help is available?
- Faculty welcome and induction programmes
- Allocation of students to tutor and lab groups
- Production of class registers
- Monitoring of progression, suspension transfers and withdrawals
- Advice to students on module changes made by students in two week periods at the start of each semester
- Support Boards of Studies and student-staff consultative committees
- Non-standard programmes
- Student exchanges
- Personal tutor allocation and recording of personal tutor meetings
- UKVI monitoring-working closely with Visa Compliance Officer
- Liaison with Students’ Union on student reps and uploading to SU systems
- Short course administration
Assessment and Awards
- Advice to students on Extenuating Circumstances (ECs) process
- Providing information for Appeals and fitness to practice cases
- Coursework submission of dissertation lab work not made through Surrey Learn
- Post-Examination Board queries on resits etc.
- Advice on the extenuating circumstances process
- Results queries
- Assistance with room bookings for LSA examinations
If you are experiencing personal difficulties that are impacting on your studies you may be considering a period of temporary withdrawal from the programme; in this case you should discuss the matter with your Personal Tutor and Faculty Student Services team who can offer you support. If you decide to apply for a period of temporary withdrawal please sign-in to Student Self-Serve where you will be able to access the application form via the 'Registration' tab.
During temporary withdrawal students do not receive tuition, cannot use the University’s facilities or submit any work for assessment. Access to University email continues during periods of temporary withdrawal in order to ensure contact is maintained.
If you wish to permanently withdraw from your programme you should first discuss the matter with your Personal Tutor.
If you decide to permanently withdraw from your programme please sign-in to Student Self-Serve where you will be able to access the application form via the 'Registration' tab.
Temporary and Permanent Withdrawal Guidance
To submit an application for Extenuating Circumstances please sign-in to Student Self-Serve. You should then select ‘Extenuating Circumstances’ from the modules tab at the top of the page.
The teaching day runs from 9am to 6pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 9am -12pm on Wednesday. Additionally, teaching events, by the agreement of the relevant Dean of Faculty, may be scheduled to take place between 18.00 and 21.00 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.