Parking for Placement Students living in University Accommodation

Nursing, Paramedic & Midwifery Students living on Stag Hill campus or at Manor Park and going on Placement

Nursing, Paramedic & Midwifery students currently living or about to move into University accommodation on campus or at Manor Park may apply for parking to meet their placement commitments.

If you require parking please apply for parking through the SOUPS system and email the Transport Team to advise us that you are going on placement. The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences have provided the Transport Team with a list of all students going on placement and only these students will be approved for parking. Once you have been approved to use the SOUPS system, you may begin to purchase parking permits for use during your placement period. 

Please note:

The system will only let you purchase permits for the duration of your placement and you will not be allowed to keep your car on campus or at Manor Park outside of these times. We will not be able to issue you with SOUPS permits if you are based at the Royal Surrey in Guildford or you have a placement that can be easily reached by public transport during your working hours.

Placement parking for other courses

The Transport Team will consider applications for placement parking from resident students on other courses. Please contact the Transport Team for advice.

Student Placements on Campus

If you take your placement year on campus, you may apply for a staff parking permit subject to staff rates and the usual eligibility criteria. If you are eligible for parking and will be paid via the University’s Payroll system during your placement you will pay for your permit on a monthly basis via deduction from your salary. Eligible students who take unpaid placements on campus will also be able to apply for staff parking and will be charged at the low salary band on an FTE basis.