I would like to talk to a Chaplain- who can I speak to?

We are a Multi-Faith Chaplaincy with Anglican, Buddhist, Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Jewish, Methodist/URC, Muslim and Sikh Chaplains available for both students and staff. You can contact them directly- details on their respective web pages.

Where can I go to pray/worship/meditate in the University?

The Quiet Centre is available as a multi-faith, quiet environment for individuals and groups, primarily for prayer, worship, meditation and contemplation. Access is via your campus ID card. To book a room for a group please e-mail  chaplaincy@surrey.ac.uk

directions to quiet centre (2013.5KB)

There is a dedicated Islamic Prayer Centre for Muslim daily prayers in the basement of Thomas Telford (AA) building.
Friday prayers are usually held in University Hall ( Oak House Hall). Notice of the location is always sent out in the weekly Islamic Society newsletter. 
Wudu washing facilities are available in the IPC and the Quiet Centre.
The common room JB01-10 in Manor Park is available for multi-faith prayers, quiet study and meetings.

Where can I go to pray/worship/meditate locally off campus?

There are many local churches in Guildford to choose from,visit the website or contact the Chaplaincy for a directory.

People of any faith background or none are always welcome at the Anglican Cathedral located on the hill above the University, with access via the steps by Wates House.

You can contact the respective Chaplains for details of local synagogues,gurdwaras,mosques etc. or you can visit the Surrey Places of Worship website

I would like to meet up with others of the same faith...is there a Faith Society or group I can join?

The Faith Societies and groups currently active are

Ahlul Bayt Society , Catholic Association of the University of Surrey (CAUS) ; Chinese Christian Fellowship  ; Chosen Society ; Christian Union ; Eternity Church Student group ; Friends International ; Islamic Society ; Jewish Society ; Korean Christian Society ;Orthodox Society ; Sikh Society ; Staff and Postgraduate Christian Fellowship (SPCF)

Where can I go for information on Interfaith activities? 

Surrey Faith Links can help you with information about faith organisations, news and events across Surrey.

Guildford and Godalming Inter-Faith Forum is an informal group in the local community to promote understanding and friendship among people of all faiths and none and regularly host seminars.

Where can I go for general Chaplaincy enquiries?

For  queries or for bookings of Quiet Centre e-mail chaplaincy@surrey.ac.uk