Fees and funding
The costs of your tuition fees will be covered by your employer and the government, through the Apprenticeship levy.
You won't have to pay tuition fees, and many of the associated costs will be covered by your employer*. You will not be eligible to apply for any of the loans available through the Student Loans Company.
Find out more about the apprenticeship levy on GOV.UK.
Your employer is responsible for funding:
- Payment of wages in line with the ‘apprenticeship rate’.
- Any training, optional modules and field trips taken in addition to what you are eligible for
- Company inductions
- Any protective clothing and safety equipment required
- Any administration costs for supporting the apprenticeship
- Time spent by managers supporting and mentoring you
- Any student membership fees that are required by professional bodies, even where linked to mandatory qualifications
- Any additional cost for an apprenticeship standard where the University charges more than the funding cap (this will be agreed in advance).
- Costs of any travel or accommodation to attend face-to-face, off-the-job training, graduation ceremonies and replacement certificates for previous qualifications.
As an apprentice you are responsible for funding the costs of any travel or accommodation to attend face-to-face, off-the-job training, graduation ceremonies and replacement certificates for previous qualifications.