Our department continues to invest in the development of a suite of flexible, multi-use, experimental facilities and other specialist resources to facilitate the range of activities within our research portfolio.
What we have to offer
We offer modern facilities in many areas including:
- Materials and Structures laboratory for the manufacture and assessment of structural elements, including mechanical testing suite with static/fatigue capacity from 1 N to 1000 kN at size scales of 1 mm to 5 m in tension / compression / flexure
- SAGE (Surrey Advanced Geotechnical Engineering) Lab is a geotechnical testing facility to carry out advanced laboratory testing of soils and scaled model tests of geotechnical problems.
- The WHO collaborating Centre for Environmental Health Engineering and the Robens Centre for Public and Environmental Health addressing water quality and associated health issues around the globe
- Wind tunnel facilities for pollution dispersion modelling and measurement with specialist equipment to characterise nanoscale contaminants
- The Air Quality Lab, a world-class air quality monitoring facility
- Support from a team of technical and research staff.