Each year we take on a number of students from Year 10 and upwards as work experience students for a week. We aim to give students experience of what it would be like to study and undertake research in a university physics department.
Work experience dates
- Week 1: 16-20 July
- Week 2: 23 -27 July.
During the week you will complete an undergraduate-level experiment working in pairs or small groups. You will be given all the information you need when you arrive, so you don't need to do any preparation in advance. The week may also include:
- A chance to look around the University
- Tours of our research labs
- Talks about our research
- A final presentation of your results
We are unable to cover transport or accommodation costs for the week, so please consider this when making your application.
Deadline for applications is 31 March.
You will hear about applications by the middle of April.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the online application form.
Please make sure you complete all sections and attach a copy of your CV – incomplete application forms may not be accepted.
Please note that we will not accept applications from parents or teachers.
- Please make sure you fill out the application form yourself – we are looking for students who are proactive and are able to apply for themselves, not application forms filled out by parents or teachers
- Make sure you have attached both the application form and a copy of your CV (your CV doesn't have to be very long – aim to keep it to one side of A4) and should include any skills that you think we may be interested in
- Contact us yourself if you have any problems or questions – we will try to get back to you as soon as possible and it's much easier if you contact us directly, rather than going through your parents or teachers
- Make sure you let us know which work experience week you are applying for on the application form – if you're available for both weeks that's great, just tick both boxes
If you have any further questions about our work experience week please contact us.