University of Surrey
17 - 21 February 2020
Number of days
Hours of study
9am - 5:30pm
To provide an understanding of nuclear metrology for applications in the nuclear industry, environmental monitoring and nuclear medicine.
Please note that we reserve the right to alter the syllabus. Any major changes will be notified to delegates before the course starts.
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the basic concepts of nuclear metrology
- Discuss and assess the importance of calibrations standards, quality assurance and uncertainties
- Discuss problems inherent to nuclear forensic and nuclear dating
- Discuss how to demonstrate that measurements of radioactivity are accurate and follow national standards.
|Dr S Jerome||Introduction to radiation metrology
Dr G Lorusso/S Collins S Jerome
|At NPL/subject to H&S arrangements Labs||
Radiochemical separation (3h)
Liquid scintillation counter (3h)
Source preparation (3h)
|Prof PH Regan: Alternative to Labs||Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM)||9|
- Radiation detection and measurement - Knoll, Glenn F. c2010
- P Ivanov
- A Pearce
- Dr G Lorusso/S Collins
- S Jerome
- At NPL/subject to H&S arrangements
- Prof PH Regan.
Price per person is £1,800.
How to apply
To apply for this short course please contact the Faculty Continuing Education Manager, Barbara Steel who will help process your application:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +44 (0)1483 686040
Please note that we do not charge VAT as we are an educational establishment.
Terms and conditions
- Cancellations notified in writing ten working days before the event; we charge a cancellation fee of 35 per cent of the standard rate. If we have already received payment we refund 65 per cent of the full fee.
- Cancellations within 10 working days before the event; We charge these at the full rate and do not give refunds.
- If no written notice of cancellation is received, no refund can be made.
- The University of Surrey reserves the right to cancel any event. In this case, the full fee will be refunded unless a mutually convenient transfer can be arranged. Details of event changes or cancellations are available by phoning +44 (0)1483 686040.
- Delegates can make a provisional registration for a course by telephone or email. However bookings are only acknowledged formally once payment has been received.
- Substitutions from the same company may be made following consultation with the Continuing Education Manager.
- The University reserves the right to cancel any course on the grounds of insufficient numbers or for other reasons beyond our control. In this case the full fee will be refunded unless a mutually convenient transfer can be arranged.
- Registrations cannot be accepted without a valid purchase order, credit card payment or cheque.
- Proof of payment.
- Registrations must come with a valid purchase order, credit card payment or cheque.