9am - 5am
Monday 25 June - Tuesday 26 June 2018
Workshop on Correlated Disorder, Hyperuniformity and Local Self-Uniformity: From Biomimetics to Photonic Integrated Circuits
This unique interdisciplinary workshop will bring together researchers from diverse areas to explore the subtle interplay between composition, morphology, topology and structural uniformity present in correlated disorder structures and its direct impact on a wide range of directions from more efficient solar-cell platforms and photonic integrated circuits, to optical functionalities in avian feather barbs and butterfly wings.
from £50.00 to £90.00
This event has passed
Confirmed invited speakers
- Salvatore Torquato, Princeton University
- Remi Carminati, Institut Langevin, ESPCI ParisTech, CNRS
- Frank Scheffold, University of Fribourg
- Kurt Busch, Humboldt University Berlin
- Remi Dreyfus, CNRS-Solvay-University of Pennsylvania
- Bodo Wilts, Adolphe Merkle Institute, University of Fribourg
- Kevin Vynck, LP2N, Institut d’Optique Graduate School, CNRS, Univ. Bordeaux
- Alexander Sprafke, University Halle-Wittenberg
- Gabriel Lozano, Institute of Materials Science of Seville
- Guillaume Gomard, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Dr Marian Florescu, University of Surrey
- Dr Riccardo Sapienza, Imperial College London
- Prof Stephen J. Sweeney, University of Surrey
- Full registration: £90.00 - The fee includes campus accommodation for 3 nights on 24, 25 and 26 June (B&B, single en-suite bedroom), lunches, refreshments, dinner on 25 June and conference materials.
- Student registration: £50.00 - The fee includes campus accommodation for 3 nights on 24, 25 and 26 June (B&B, single en-suite bedroom), lunches, refreshments, dinner on 25 June and conference materials.
Please note: All participants need to submit either an oral or a poster presentation abstract.
Registration will open on 1 May 2018.
If you are not a presenter and wish to attend this event, please send a statement of interest (100 words) to Dr Marian Florescu.