8.30AM - 8.00PM
Thursday 13 September - Friday 14 September 2018
CrossFyre 2018: The 8th international workshop on cryptography, robustness, and provably secure schemes for female young researchers
This event has passed
CrossFyre aims to bring together female researchers in cyber security (e.g., in cryptography, information security, safety, but not only), to promote their research topics and help develop the careers of women in science and engineering. Thus, CrossFyre’s main cohort is generally formed of female early-career researchers (ECRs), as well as female undergraduate students interested in or working in cybersecurity.
The workshop will be held in the Tree Tops room of the Wates House at the University of Surrey on the Stag Hill campus. The location of the workshop is marked with number 34, on grid D2 of this University campus map (PDF).
For further information on how to get to the University, please view our visit the University section.
Below, there is a Google map of the useful points in Guildford that are relevant to this workshop, including directions to the social dinner and hotels found in the nearby area.
Confirmed invited speakers
- Chris Brzuska (Aalto University, Finland)
- Liqun Chen (University of Surrey, UK)
- María Naya-Plasencia (INRIA Paris, France)
- Elisabeth Oswald (University of Bristol, UK)
- Katy Winterborn (NCC Group, UK)
- NCSC Speaker.
View the full programme of talks across the two days.
Supporters and sponsors
Information about the past editions of CrossFyre can be found here:
- CrossFyre 2011: April 14-15, 2011, CASED, Germany
- CrossFyre 2012: June 14-15, 2012, TU Eindhoven, the Netherlands
- CrossFyre 2013: June 20-21, 2013, KU Leuven, BelgiuM
- CrossFyre 2014: July 3-4, 2014, RU Bochum, GermanY
- CrossFyre 2015: November 2-3, 2015, Radboud University Nijmegen, Netherlands
- CrossFyre 2016: July 21-22, 2016, TU Darmstadt, Germany
- CrossFyre 2017: July 21-22, 2016, Paris, France.