Experts offer practical advice for women to get ahead in business
Surrey Business School hosts latest event in its successful Women in Business programme.
The University of Surrey’s annual Women in Business conference, this year held in support of International Women’s Day, took place on Wednesday 12 March, with an evening of networking, presentations and workshops for women, delivered by experts from across the local business community.
The conference, hosted Dr Ilke Inceoglu on behalf of Surrey Business School, provides aspiring entrepreneurs, ambitious employees and established business leaders with the tools they need to grow and develop their business, while building important relationships with other key members of the business community.
Guest speaker Dr Almuth McDowall, Programme Director for MSc Occupational and Organisational Psychology at the University of Surrey, opened the event with a talk on issues related to work-life balance.
This was followed by a range of interactive seminars led by business leaders from across the community, including Elaine Hickmott of EH Enterprises and Louise Punter, Chief Executive of Surrey Chambers of Commerce. “Surrey Business School’s Women in Business series enables attendees to freely share their passion for innovation, to collaborate and to build long-term, profitable business relationships”, said Louise.
“The combination of the School’s academic expertise, its strong relationships with local businesses and its focus on practical self-improvement, makes it a valuable resource for women at all stages of their careers.”
The next Women in Business event will be held this summer. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also explore the many Business and Management programmes offered by Surrey Business School.
Pictured (left to right):
- Richard Barker, Entrepreneur-in-Residence, SETSquared Surrey Incubator
- Louise Punter, Chief Executive, Surrey Chambers of Commerce
- Celia Gaffney, Business Development Manager, Research and Enterprise Support, University of Surrey
- Dr Elaine Hickmott, Founder and Business Alchemist, EH Enterprises
- Tim Parry, Staff Development Manager, University of Surrey
- Dr Almuth McDowall, Chartered Psychologist and MSc Occupational & Organisational Psychology Course Director, University of Surrey