Simulation Suite photo gallery
Learn more about the exciting simulation facilities in our School of Health Sciences.
Our Simulation Suite offers students the opportunity to develop vital clinical skills in a safe environment, so they are ready to take on the responsibilities of their chosen profession by the end of their programme.
Simulation is embedded in all our health professional programmes to support learning and is facilitated using realistic scenarios for adult nursing, child nursing, mental health nursing, midwifery, paramedic and operating department practice students.
Home to the most up-to-date equipment and realistic healthcare environments, our Simulation Suite is subject to continual investment and development to ensure new equipment and innovative approaches to learning are explored and utilised.
Surrey has some advanced simulation facilities which really help with developing practical skills and the ability to translate what is learnt in the classroom into the practice setting - Daniel Shevill, ODP student
The facility includes:
- Two large simulated hospital wards
- Intensive Care Unit
- Operating theatre
- Birthing suite
- Simulated Flat with a living room, kitchen, bathroom and stairs.
- Functioning internal phone system
- A sim centre-wide camera system that allows observation from anywhere on the Stagg Hill campus.
- Resuscitation training simulators with state of the art feedback system
- High-fidelity patient simulators for adult patients, babies, children and obstetrics.
- Patient simulator actors
- Lifepak defibrillators, AEDs and 12 lead ECG simulators
- Extensive clinical skills development resources
- Video resources produced in-house
- Experienced simulation technicians
This feature was originally published on April 15 2014.