A week in the life of a business student
From business decision making seminars to lunch by the campus lake, discover what a typical week looks like for first-year business students at Surrey.
A typical week
- 9am to 10am – Business skills lecture
- 12 noon to 1pm – Economics for business lecture
- 1pm to 2pm – Lunch by the lake
- 2pm to 5pm – Prepare for the week’s seminars in the library.
- 11am to 12pm – Marketing principles seminar
- 12 noon to 1pm – Meet course mates for lunch at Hillside
- 1pm to 2pm – Walk over to the Library and Learning Centre to work on upcoming assignment
- 2pm to 3pm – Business ethics lecture
- 3pm to 5pm – Library session.
"Given that I am an international student who was in need of a sense of community, I strongly believe that there’s no place like Surrey."
Abhishek Sundar, Business Management (Entrepreneurship) BSc (Hons)
- 10am to 11am – Business decision making seminar
- 11am to 12pm – Retail marketing lecture
- 1:30pm – Arrive home for lunch.
- 10am to 11am – Financial accounting seminar
- 11am to 12 noon – Meeting with module tutor to discuss plans for upcoming assignment and receive feedback on a presentation given the week before
- 1:30pm – Back to halls for essay prep and essential course reading.
- 9am to 10am – Check virtual learning environment for lecture notes and information on upcoming assignment
- 10am to 2pm - Complete reading for next week’s lectures and seminars with a break for lunch
- 2pm to 5pm – Group revision session in the library, followed by assignment work.
“I have changed since I started at Surrey and have become a lot more confident, independent and strong.”
Sofia Squire, International Business Management BSc (Hons)