FAPESP SPRINT Funding
This initiative focuses on mobility of staff between the University of Surrey and Higher Education and Research Institutions in the state of São Paulo connected to active FAPESP research projects. Collaborators are invited to apply for funds associated with travel including flights, accommodation and subsistence up to £6,000 from each partner (Surrey applicants should include a budget for Surrey mobility to São Paulo).
The University of Surrey is participating in the 2nd edition of SPRINT 2019.
The call is now open and invites research proposals from permanent academic staff from all academic disciplines. The proposal may include exchange of staff and PhD students, as well as mobility as part of workshops and scientific seminars. The project proposal should include:
- A Research Project with a maximum of five pages of scientific content, written jointly by the principal investigator of the host Institution in the State of São Paulo and the principal investigator at the University of Surrey.
The research project must be written in English. One copy of the Research Project should be sent to FAPESP and a duplicate (identical) copy to the University of Surrey. For further guidance on what should be included in the research project, please visit the FAPESP SPRINT website (link provided above).
- The following additional documents are required by the University of Surrey:
- Letter of agreement of the Associate Dean International (ADI)
- Letter of agreement of the host institution in the State of São Paulo to which the principal investigator from São Paulo is affiliated. The same document is required by FAPESP.
- Completed University of Surrey SPRINT budget form.
Complete proposals should be submitted to FAPESP via their online portal and to Louise Lawton at the University of Surrey no later than 29 July 2019.
FAPESP Regular Research Award
FAPESP and the University of Surrey invite permanent members of staff affiliated to higher education and research institutes in the State of São Paulo and researchers affiliated to the University of Surrey to submit a proposal for a Regular Research Award.
Funding of up to £20,000 per year for a maximum of two years (£40,000 in total) is available for successful projects through a matched funding scheme. The next call for Regular Research Awards will be announced in Spring 2020.
Internal queries should be directed to Ms Louise Lawton (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Global Engagement Office.