About the Centre for Health Care Management and Policy
We have a range of research interests in personal, professional and organisational development in primary and secondary care, along with an academic staff that includes leading practitioners in the field. More »
To deliver expertise in our key topic areas and respond as a coherent group, demonstrating success by delivering research that is:
- Evidence-based, outcome-focused and rational, both economically and socially.
- Reflective of current/future needs, rather than historic patterns, and better informed than at present.
- Addresses major health conditions and gains better outcomes.
- Offers a better understanding of how to tackle the constraints to innovation and development in healthcare
- Embedded into practice in health care.
To support the development of programmes that help health care managers and systems: innovate, measure and deliver quality, and address the challenges of demonstrating value.
As a department, pursuing this vision, we will seek to create and maintain an ethos that is:
- World-class, respected for the quality of its research, the skills of personnel and the size of its impact.
- Sustainable, with sufficient momentum, skilled staff and funding so that it continues to achieve its short and long-term goals.
- Collaborative, involving long-term, embedded engagement with key partners in, for example, Government, the NHS and the supply chain.
- Strategic, tackling issues in a systematic way.
- Practical, focused on real life problems, not only theoretical issues.