Established for over ten years as one of a number of autonomous research centres at the University of Surrey, it now houses some 160 researchers including over 90 undertaking a PhD, post doctoral researchers and academic staff. ICS research is focused on future communication systems including mobile and wireless communications, satellite communications, and networking (management, protocols and security).
The institute sits within the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Formerly the Centre for Communication Systems Research, CCSR
- The largest academic research centre in the UK specialising in information and communication technology.
- A major participant in European Union Information Science and Technology (IST) projects.
- Has major collaborations in India, China, Korea, Japan and USA as well as several links in the communications industry and UK Catapults.
- 100% graduate employment record.