We offer a wide range of implantation and ion beam analysis facilities to the UK academic and industrial communities.
- 2MV high energy implanter
- 200kV high current implanter
- Implantation 2 keV to 4 MeV
- Sample sizes mm2 to 40cm x 40cm
- Hot (1000°C) or cold (~LN) implants
- In situ measurements can be made
- Sample chambers in clean room (class 100)
- Up to 10mA beam currents available.
Applications of implantation
- Dopant implantation and activation
- Materials modification
- Synthesis e.g.: SIMOX, Silicides, Nitrides, MgB 2 GaN
- Defect engineering
- Light emission from Si
- Carrier removal in III-V's
- Laser and waveguide fabrication.