The Surrey Ion Beam Centre offers a wide range of implantation and ion beam analysis facilities to the UK academic and industrial communities.
Implantation facilities include:
- 2MV High Energy Implanter
- 200kV High Current implanter
- Implantation 2 keV to 4 MeV
- Sample sizes mm2 to 40cm x 40cm
- Hot (1000°C) or cold (~LN) implants
- In situ measurements can be made
- Sample Chambers in clean room (class 100)
- Up to 10mA beam currents available.
Applications of implantation include:
- Dopant Implantation & Activation
- Materials Modification
- Synthesis e.g.: SIMOX, Silicides, Nitrides, MgB 2 GaN
- Defect Engineering
- Light emission from Si
- Carrier removal in III-V's
- Laser & waveguide fabrication.