Library privacy notice
Take a look at why we collect your data.
Data protection at Surrey
Why do we collect your information?
The University of Surrey Library and Library and Learning Support Services use your personal information:
- To carry out our statutory functions supporting teaching, learning and research (e.g. providing access to or answering enquiries about our content and services)
- To deliver our contractual obligations to you as a user of our library services (e.g. responding to requests for interlibrary loans)
- In accordance with the consent you have given us which you can withdraw at any time (e.g. in connection with workshop attendance)
- To fulfil legal obligations (e.g. protecting copyright)
- To improve on and keep in touch about our services (e.g. the availability of a book you requested)
- In pursuit of our legitimate interests (e.g. managing how we provide access to e-resource content).