Dr Andrea Fontanella
Qualifications: MSc (Hons.) in Theoretical Physics
Phone: Work: 01483 68 9360
Room no: 13 AA 04
- 2015-present PhD in String Theory at the University of Surrey. Research project in “Geometry of supersymmetric solutions”, supervisor Dr. Jan Gutowski.
- 2012-2014 MSc (first class honors) in Theoretical Physics at the Università degli Studi di Padova, with one year ERASMUS at Imperial College London. Thesis in “Generalised Geometry in Supergravity Theories”, supervisor Prof. Daniel Waldram (find it here).
- 2009-2012 BSc (first class honors) at the Università degli Studi di Padova. Thesis in “Electrodynamics of extended charged objects”, supervisor Prof. Kurt Lechner.
- 2006-2012 Diploma of Music at the Conservatory of Vicenza. Specialization in the Trumpet.
Black holes, Supergravity solutions, Integrability in AdS/CFT
- A. Fontanella and A. Torrielli, “Massless AdS2 scattering and Bethe ansatz,” JHEP 1709 (2017) 075 [arXiv:1706.02634 [hep-th]].
- A. Fontanella and J. B. Gutowski, “Moduli Spaces of Transverse Deformations of Near-Horizon Geometries,” J. Phys. A 50 (2017) no.21, 215202 [arXiv:1610.09949 [hep-th]].
- A. Fontanella and A. Torrielli, “Massless sector of AdS3 superstrings: A geometric interpretation,” Phys. Rev. D 94 (2016) no.6, 066008 [arXiv:1608.01631 [hep-th]].
- A. Fontanella, J. B. Gutowski and G. Papadopoulos, “Anomaly Corrected Heterotic Horizons,” JHEP 1610 (2016) 121[arXiv:1605.05635 [hep-th]]
- A. Fontanella, Heterotic near-horizon geometries, Milano 1 String Theory Group, Italy (11/2017).
- A. Fontanella, Integrability in lower dimensional AdS/CFT, Milano-Bicocca Theoretical Physics Group, Italy (11/2017).
- A. Fontanella, Towards bulk extension of near-horizon geometries, Mathematical Physics Seminars, DAMTP University of Cambridge, UK (10/2017).
- A. Fontanella, String corrected Near-Horizon Geometries, The 4th Conference of the Polish Society on Relativity, Kazimierz Dolny, Poland (09/2017).
- A. Fontanella, Supersymmetric Near-Horizon Geometries, 7th South East Mathematical Physics Seminars (SEMPS), University of Kent, UK (01/2017).
- A. Fontanella, Anomaly Corrected Heterotic Horizons, V Postgraduate Meeting on Theoretical Physics, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain (11/2016).
- A. Fontanella, Supersymmetric Near-Horizon Geometries, 7th South East Mathematical Physics Seminar (SEMPS), University of Kent, UK.
- A. Fontanella, Anomaly Corrected Heterotic Horizons, V Postgraduate Meeting on Theoretical Physics, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain.
- A. Fontanella, String-Corrected Horizons, Collabor8 Meeting, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- A. Fontanella, Black Hole Horizons, IV Postgraduate Meeting on Theoretical Physics, IFT, Madrid, Spain.
- A. Fontanella, Generalised geometry in supergravity theories, LMS 150th Anniversary PhD student meeting, London, UK. Student prize winner.
- A. Fontanella, Following Einstein's Dream: String Theory, Physics Research forum, University of Surrey, UK.
- “String Geometry, Supersymmetric Theories and Dualities,” 3 – 4 July 2017, University of Surrey. Conference webpage: https://sgstad.blog.