- Enjoy chatting to people?
- Want to earn extra money with the chance to get a bonus?
- Like working in a lively supportive team environment?
- Describe yourself as outgoing, enthusiastic, punctual and reliable?
If so, being a Fundraising Caller could be right up your street! Don’t miss out on this great opportunity that is closing soon.
As a caller, your role will be to speak to alumni about their memories from their time at Surrey, update them on the University’s latest news and ask them for a gift to the University’s giving programme that supports students in need and ground-breaking research projects.
- Fantastic pay of £9.32 a hour (including holiday pay)
- Promote vital charity work that will impact you and your peers, now and in the future
- Great experience to help boost your CV
- Gain references for future job applications
- Work flexible shifts to fit around your studies
- Make new friends across different subjects and years
- Receive comprehensive training (with full pay)
- Have the chance to speak to Surrey graduates about their careers, and receive advice about your own
The view of a student from last year’s campaign
Being a student telethon caller has been one of my favourite experiences at the university. I learned so much valuable knowledge from the alumni that will help me navigate both university life and my future career, I also made great contacts in the process! Not only this, but I interacted with amazing people not just on the phone, but I built up real friendships with my fellow callers. We encouraged each other to raise as much money as we could for students who are in financial hardship. Knowing we helped a student in need, was an incredible feeling!
Working Hours and Pay
The telephone campaign will run from Monday 12 February – Sunday 4 March 2018. Compulsory training takes place on Saturday 10 February-Sunday 11 February.
The pay is £8.24 an hour, plus £1.08 an hour holiday pay, which will be paid on Friday 30 March! There will also be various small prizes to give away throughout your hours of employment!
How to apply
The deadline for applications is Sunday 19 November, and first-stage interviews will take place on Monday 4 December and Tuesday 5 December. If successful in the first round there will be a second round of interviews which will take place over the phone during the week of 12 December.
Ready to apply?
- Read the further particulars and person specification thoroughly
- Complete part I of the process by filling in the online application form
- Complete part II of the process by leaving us an answerphone message (read the further particularsfor full details)*
*Your application will only be accepted if you complete both parts of the application process.
If you have any questions about the role or recruitment process please contact Daniel Lawrence (Fundraising Co-ordinator): firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)1483 683 594.