Could you be a mentor?
Our students benefit enormously from the expertise that our alumni can offer and in October we launched our new mentoring programme at the highly successful alumni reception at IBM.
Could you be one of our mentors and pass on your IT knowledge and skills to one of our ambitious and talented students? We are looking for graduates who can provide insights into the IT and tech industries, discuss career, educational and training options and introduce students to a wider professional network.
As a mentor you may also be able to:
- Identify and develop future talent, who could become future placement students or employees.
- Help the career progression and educational development of undergraduates.
- Join the Industrial Advisory Board and provide a channel into the University, helping inform curriculum development.
- Help achieve diversity in the IT and tech industries.
- Gain networking opportunities with others within the mentoring programme.
- Provide students with an opportunity to voice opinions outside of University.
- Gain insight into the concerns of young computer science students.
Dr Helen Treharne, Head of the Department of Computer Science, said: “We hope that the scheme will be a positive experience for all involved, and hope for it to grow and become accessible to more of our undergraduates.”
Get in touch with us if you would like to find out about this programme at email@example.com.