A New Home for Health
The School of Health Sciences will be moving to a new premises on the Surrey Research Park in 2019. The building, located at 30 Priestley Road, is being redeveloped to provide the highest quality education, support and simulation facilities for both staff and students.
30 Priestly Road
The opening of the building will mark a significant step towards the creation of a “Health Campus” at Manor Park.
First Class Facilities
The building at 30 Priestley Road will feature:
- Flexible and technologically enabled teaching/study space
- A large active learning space (180 capacity)
- A new simulation suite – mock health care environment consisting of 2 large wards, an operating theatre, a community flat and ambulance bay
- Self-directed learning lab – a dedicated space for students to learn and practice essential clinical skills
- Virtual environment – two rooms equipped with wall-to-wall immersive projector systems
- A dedicated student support office
- Large student study spaces and computer facilities
- A coffee shop and large seated social space in the atrium
- Open plan office space for c.190 staff
- Car park with c.250 spaces.