Outcomes of Work
Outcomes of work of the Environmental Regulatory Research Group.
- ‘A rapid, high level analysis of water safety planning in rural communities using groundwater sources in Uganda and Malawi.’ QR GCRF. Prof Rosalind Malcolm, Joint Principal Investigator, (2019 – 2020)
- Global Challenges Research Fund / AHRC ‘Wicked problem of Plastic Waste’ (2020-2021) (£60,000) (University of Surrey: Prof Rosalind Malcolm and Dr Itziar Castello-Molina and University of Nairobi, Kenya: Prof Nicholas Oguge)
- Global Challenges Research Fund / EPSRC ‘Global Engagement Network on Plastics Governance’, (2019 – 2021) (£135,000) (University of Nairobi, Kenya: Prof Nicholas Oguge and University of Surrey: Prof Rosalind Malcolm)
- SME Innovation Voucher: ‘Plastic waste - governance, business modelling and consumer behaviour, (2019) £1,083.60; University of Surrey Sustainability Theme: £3,238.79. (Prof Rosalind Malcolm; Dr Itziar Castello-Molina; Dr Noreen O’Meara; Dr Kayleigh Wyles with RECOUP Ltd).
- Undergraduate Sustainability Research Opportunities Programme 2018-19: ‘Regulatory instruments around single-use plastics’
(£2000 UG student bursary awarded to Hifza Younis; Sponsor: Prof Rosalind Malcolm)
- Workshop, ‘Rethinking Property Approaches in Resources for the Circular Economy’ (June 2019) with Prof Alison Clarke (Surrey) and Dr Katrien Steenmans (Coventry) Society for Legal Scholars Small Projects and Events Fund 2018.
- ‘Designing Law and Policy Towards Managing Plastics in a Circular Economy’ Workshop funded by Surrey, Essex and SOAS, 2 June 2018.
- REDICLAIM: Understanding the impact of legislation on “REduction of DIsease risk” CLAIMs on food and drinks (HEALTH.2013.4.1-2: Interactions between EU legislation and health research and/or innovation and the effects of its application and implementation on health research and/or innovation. FP7-HEALTH-2013-INNOVATION-1); (2013-2017); Co-Investigator: Prof Rosalind Malcolm
- British Academy International Partnership and Mobility Scheme 2014: ‘Diversifying Ownership: Communal Property in the UK and China, Prof Rosalind Malcolm, Member of the network of UK and Chinese scholars (2014-2017) Dr Ting Xu, (PI) Queen's University, Belfast; Professor Fengzhang Li, Shanghai University
- D-BOX: Demining tool-BOX for humanitarian clearing of large scale area from anti-personal landmines and cluster munitions; FP7 programme (FP7-SEC-2011.1.3-3); (Prof Rosalind Malcolm, Co-investigator, 3 years; 2013-2016)
- 3K-SAN follow on funding for comparative study on right to sanitation and the constitutional status of the right in Kenya and Uganda (PI) (with Co-investigator Dr Thoko Kaime (Leicester)) (2016)
- 3K-SAN: Catalysing self-sustaining sanitation chains in informal settlements, European Water Initiative ERA-NET Splash. Prof Rosalind Malcolm, Co-investigator (2011 –2014)
- “A Legal and Policy Roadmap for Linking Energy Security in Rural Areas with Sustainable Tourism”, Prof Rosalind Malcolm, Co-investigator, (URSF and SoM) (2008 – 2009)
- “The establishment of legal frameworks for independent water providers”, Leverhulme Trust. Prof Rosalind Malcolm, Co-Investigator with Robens Centre for Public and Environmental Health and the Centre for Environmental Strategy, UniS. (2006 - 2009)