Plan your day
We recommend you allow at least four hours for your visit so you can make the most of the open day.
Take a look through our programme of talks, exhibitions and tours to help you plan your day. Don't forget to follow our checklist and read our visitor information.
Open day visitor information
Wi-Fi on campus
Visitors will be able to access The Cloud W-Fi during our open days.
To access The Cloud on campus:
- Switch on your smartphone, tablet or other Wi-Fi device and check that Wi-Fi is enabled
- Select ‘The Cloud’ from the available network list
- Open your internet browser – The Cloud landing page will appear. If it is your first time using The Cloud Wi-Fi network, follow the simple one-time registration process or log in
If you have any particular accessibility requirements, please get in touch via email@example.com so we can ensure you get the most out of your open day.
Accessible routes and accommodation
Our Stag Hill campus is quite large and includes some steep inclines. We suggest allowing plenty of time to get from one open day activity to another.
Staff at the dedicated information point on the Stag Hill campus piazza will be able to provide you with information on the most accessible routes around campus and answer any questions you may have. We can also provide wheelchairs on request.
DisabledGo access guides
Surrey works with DisabledGo to provide detailed accessibility information about all of the university’s campuses, buildings and facilities. All our accessibility listings are available on the DisabledGo website.
DisabledGo campus routes
- Route 1: Guildford Station to Library (via Students' Union and Oak House)
- Route 2: Guildford Station to Senate House Car park
- Route 3: Piazza to Oak House (via Rik Medlik, Senate House)
- Route 4: Piazza to Library (via Austin Pearce and Teaching Block)
- Route 5: Library to GSA (via PATS, EFM, Twyford Court, 5G and Ivy Arts Centre)
- Route 6: GSA (Guildford School of Acting) to Manor Park (via Tesco and Manor Park Reception)
- Route 7: GSA (Guildford School of Acting) to Vet School (via Tesco and Surrey Sports Park)
- Route 8: Library to Student Services (via Lecture Theatre)
- Route 9: Main Car Park/Piazza (Bus stops) to Wates House via BC/BB Building)
- Route 10: Senate House Car Park to Oak House (via Lecture Theatre)
We have hearing loops in a number of our lecture theatres. Please do let us know if you use a hearing loop or if you’d like guides, radio aids, note-takers or communication workers. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, we do not have a left luggage facility on campus and you will need to keep all personal belongings with you at all times.