Previous Work Experience:
2018-2019: Economic Diplomacy Intern - Portuguese Permanent Representation to the European Union, Brussels
- Preparation of the meetings of the Working Groups of the Council of the European Union, in close cooperation with the Portuguese national authorities and elaboration, afterwards, of reports with the main discussion points of these meetings. Participated in the meetings of the Budget Committee, Financial Counsellors, Customs Union group, Financial Services and Indirect Taxation.
2018: Trainee - European Commission - Directorate-General for Economic and Financial Affairs; Unit G.2 Economies of Member States II: Denmark, Ireland, Portugal
- Contributed to the work of the country desk for Portugal, which is responsible for the surveillance of economic fiscal and structural policies in Portugal. Particularly, by developing an indicator for employment expectations, contributing to an analysis on the validity of Okun’s Law for Portugal and assessing amendments to the Portuguese employment law.
2019-onwards: University of Surrey Postgraduate Research Studentship
2016: Queen Mary Scholarship
2013-2016: 3% best Economics students, University of Coimbra
In the media
Applied Microeconomist with interest in Development, Urban Economics and Economics of Crime.
Under the supervision of Dr. Martin Foureaux Koppensteiner and Prof. Matthias Parey
Crime and House Prices (with Martin Foureaux Koppensteiner and Livia Menezes)
Academic Year 2020/2021
- Foundations of Microeconomics - ECOM056
- Introduction to Microeconomics - MAN0007
- Intermediate Microeconomics 2 - ECO2051
- Macroeconomic Models, Theory and Policy - ECOD019