My research project
The Gender Dimension of the European Union Foreign and Security Policy in fragile countries
My thesis examines if and how the European Union is integrating gender issues and thus promoting values of gender equality in its foreign policy and security work in fragile countries.
The literature review covers gender issues and the European Union, including critical feminists studies on European Union and gender policies in internal policies, as well as in fragile and selected countries.
My research project seeks to analyse two case studies, Ukraine and Lebanon where the EU operates to assess how priorities are established and negotiated and how (approaches, actors, policies) gender issues are included or not into foreign policies work.
Affiliations and memberships
Business, industry and community links
− Synergy of practical experience, research and analysis on human rights, gender issues and international development co-operation in countries in transition and post-conflict and fragile countries.
Seminar leader: Contemporary international history, University of Surrey, Department of Politics. September 2018 to January 2019.
- Piga, Graziella, Lahousen Verena “CEDAW and UN SC Resolutions on Women, Peace and Security for advancing Gender Equality." UN Women, Fountain Georgia, 2012 available at https://trainingcentre.unwomen.org/mod/data/view.php?d=1&rid=19
- “Gender and Security -Training Manual.” UN Women, DCAF, Fountain, Georgia 2012 (Contributor) available at https://trainingcentre.unwomen.org/mod/data/view.php?d=1&rid=20
- European Manual on Risk Assessment, BUPNET, Germany, 2013 (Contributor, External Evaluator), available at http://e-maria.eu/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Manual-latest-version-light-colours.pdf
- EU-ASEAN Perspective Policy Paper Series III- Gender Equality: An EU_ASEAN Interregional Perspective on Policy Making, IFAIR, 2016 (Expert Adviser) availableat http://ifair.eu/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/IFAIR-2016-Gender-Equality_web.pdf
- Piga, G., Novovic, T., Mogilevski, R.,“Common Country Assessment for the Kyrgyz Republic”. United Nations in the Kyrgyz Republic, Bishkek, September 2016. http://kg.one.un.org/content/dam/unct/kyrgyzstan/docs/Library/Книга%20ООН_Eng.pdf