Make your application

In order to apply, please submit an online application by clicking the apply button on the relevant course page.  If you have previously applied using our online application you should login using your email address and password. If you have not used the online application before, you will need to create an account.

Our English language programmes can become full quite quickly so we advise you apply as early as possible. You can take one, or more than one course. You can study up to a whole year as work is not repeated. Students applying for PS Stages 1-3 are required to apply for PS12 at the same time if they need a TIER 4 (student) visa.

The online application requires you to upload documents as you complete it, so you should have these available before starting the application. Typically you will need to supply;
• Evidence of your English language level – for an example an IELTS certificate - UKVI IELTS if you require a CAS for a TIER 4 visa
• A copy of your passport
• A copy of your sponsorship letter if you are a sponsored student

International applicants

If you are not an EEA national, you are required to obtain entry clearance as a student (student visa) from your nearest British Embassy, Consulate or High Commission.

UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) require you to be formally sponsored by a licensed UK higher education institution - the University of Surrey in our case. To apply for a Tier 4 student visa, you must have a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from the university you wish to study at. This is a unique number which will enable UKVI officers to retrieve certain information about you, your course, fee payments and about the University of Surrey.

You will be issued with a CAS provided you:

- Have uploaded a scanned copy of your passport to your Applicant Portal.

- Have uploaded a scanned copy of your UKVI IELTS report

- Have firmly accepted your offer

- Have paid your deposit

- Hold an unconditional offer

Your CAS is valid for six months but you cannot apply for your visa until three months before your course starts. We usually send CAS emails approximately three months before the start of the course to applicants who have satisfied the above criteria.

Single CAS

You may be eligible to have a single CAS to cover both your Pre-sessional English Language course and your Masters, meaning you would not need to make a second visa application for your Masters. Further information on this will be available on your Applicant Portal.

Contact us

Find us

School of Literature and Languages
Elizabeth Fry Building
University of Surrey