Replying to your offer
Accepting your offer for an English language programme
We advise accepting your offer as early as possible. You should accept your offer through your Applicant Portal. Acceptance can be made with or without payment of the deposit / providing satisfactory evidence of sponsorship. If you accept without such evidence or payment your status will show as ‘Provisionally accepted’. Your status will be updated to ‘Firmly accepted’ once we have received your deposit / satisfactory evidence of sponsorship – please see below.
Once your application is 'Firmly accepted' you can apply for accommodation. Please go to the accommodation website for more information. You need to apply for 2017/18 for the pre-sessional English course and 2018/19 for the degree course.
Tuition fees for self-financing applicants
In order to firmly accept your offer for the English Language programme you need to pay a deposit of at least 10% of your tuition fees for this course. The deposit should be paid via your Applicant Portal. The option to pay your deposit will be available once you have accepted your offer.
Once we have received and processed your payment, which can take up to 10 working days, we will send you an email and your status on your Applicant Portal will be updated to ‘Firmly accepted’.
Full fees are due at least four weeks before the start of the English language course. If full fees are not received, your place cannot be guaranteed.
Fees should be paid via our pre-sessional English online store pages.
Tuition fees for sponsored applicants
If you are being sponsored, evidence of sponsorship must be issued by an authorised officer of an official sponsoring body and must have a recent date of issue. The letter should be on company headed paper and should clearly state:
- Your name and University number
- The programme for which you have been offered a place
- The level of fees that will be paid by the company
- The address the invoice should be sent to
- That the fees will be paid directly to the University of Surrey
Please upload evidence of sponsorship to your Applicant Portal. The option to provide evidence of sponsorship will be available once you have accepted your offer.
Please note, applicants who are funded by their family are not regarded as sponsored and are required to pay their tuition fees as detailed in the section ‘Your tuition fees – Self-financing Applicants’
Declining your offer
If you decide that you do not wish to accept your offer of a place, please decline through your Applicant Portal.
The pre-sessional course deposit or fees paid to the University can only be refunded for one of the following reasons:
- Refusal of a student visa for overseas applicants
- The University will refund the deposit/fees, if proof of the visa rejection has been sent and the University can verify via the UKVI system that the individual has been rejected and refused entry to the UK. A £100 administrative payment which covers the administrative time as well as the cost of issuing a CAS certificate will be deducted.
- The University is unable to offer the place
- If the University closes the course, or indeed cannot fulfil its offer of a place, we will refund the entire deposit/fee.
- The applicant has not met the conditions of their offer
- The University will refund the deposit/fees if proof that the applicant has not met the criteria has been sent to us.
A £100 administrative payment which covers the administrative time as well as the cost of issuing a CAS certificate will be deducted.
For further details, please refer to the University's terms and conditions.