Academic and student regulations for the 2018/19 academic year.
At its meeting in July 2018 and subsequently via Chair's action, Senate approved the following regulations to come into effect as of 1 October 2018 for the 2018/19 academic year.
View a list of amendments (PDF) that have been made to the regulations for 2018/19.
Academic regulations 2018/19
- A0: Regulations for the Foundation Year (PDF)
- A1: Regulations for taught programmes (PDF)
CertHE, DipHE, Foundation degree, bachelors, integrated masters, PGCE, PGCert, PGDip, masters
- Amendments to the Regulations from 14 May 2019 CSO role (PDF)
- A2: Regulations for research degrees (PDF)
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Medicine (MD), Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), Doctor of Clinical Practice (DClinPrac), Doctor of Engineering (EngD), and Doctor of Psychology (PsychD)
- A3: Regulations for research degrees on the basis of published works (PDF)
- A4: Regulations for higher doctorates (PDF)
- A5: Regulations for academic dress (PDF)
Student regulations 2018/19
- B1: Regulations for extenuating circumstances (PDF)
- B2: Regulations for academic integrity (PDF)
- B3: Student disciplinary regulations (PDF)
- B4: Regulations for academic appeals (PDF)
- B5: Regulations for fitness to study (PDF)
- B6: Regulations for fitness to practise (PDF)
- B7: Procedure for complaints (PDF)
- B8: Regulations for hearing by panels (PDF)
- B9: Regulations for Managed Exclusion Orders (PDF)