Academic and student regulations for the 2019/20 academic year.
On 27 April 2020:
- Senate agreed emergency amendments to the A0, A1 and A2 Regulations in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. View the emergency amendments to the Regulations (PDF).
- Senate approved the introduction of a “Safety Net” policy. View the Safety Net policy (PDF).
- Senate agreed to temporarily introduce self-certification of extenuating circumstances. This will include all students at FHEQ Levels 3 to 8 and will be available for all types of assessment. View further details on self-certification of extenuating circumstances (PDF).
- Senate clarified the emergency arrangements for students on exchange and the Professional Training placement year. View the clarifications (PDF).
At its meeting on 25 June 2019 and subsequently via Chair's action, Senate approved the following regulations to come into effect as of 1 October 2019 for the 2019/20 academic year.
View a list of amendments (PDF) that have been made to the regulations for 2019/20.
On 9 March 2020, Senate Chair’s Action was taken to agree the amendment to the A1 Regulations in respect of re-admission to taught programmes with immediate effect. View the amendments to the A1 Regulations (PDF).
Academic regulations 2019/20
- A0: Regulations for the Foundation Year (PDF)
- A1: Regulations for taught programmes (PDF)
CertHE, DipHE, Foundation degree, bachelors, integrated masters, PGCE, PGCert, PGDip, Masters
- A1.1: Regulations for degree apprenticeships (PDF)
- Procedure for awarding posthumous undergraduate and postgraduate taught degrees (PDF)
- A2: Regulations for research degrees (PDF)
Master of Philosophy (MPhil), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Medicine (MD), Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), Doctor of Clinical Practice (DClinPrac), Doctor of Engineering (EngD), and Doctor of Psychology (PsychD)
- A3: Regulations for research degrees on the basis of published works (PDF)
- A4: Regulations for higher doctorates (PDF)
- A5: Regulations for academic dress (PDF)
Student regulations 2019/20
- B1: Regulations for extenuating circumstances (PDF)
- B2: Regulations for academic integrity (PDF)
- B3: Student disciplinary regulations (PDF)
- B4: Regulations for academic appeals (PDF)
- B5: Procedure for support to study (PDF)
- B6: Regulations for fitness to practise (PDF)
- B7: Procedure for complaints (PDF)
- B7.1: Procedure for complaints – Apprentice Employer (PDF)
- B8: Regulations for hearing by panels (PDF)
- B9: Regulations for Managed Exclusion Orders (PDF)