Why study at the University of Surrey?
Wonderful things happen here
The University of Surrey is one of the UK’s top professional, scientific and technological universities. Named as The Times and Sunday Times University of the Year 2016, Surrey has a world-class profile and a leading reputation in teaching and research. In recent years, Surrey has established itself as a top-ten university in major national university league table rankings and within the top one per cent of universities in the world by the QS World University Rankings 2015.
The beautiful campus offers students a safe, self-contained student community just ten minutes’ walk from Guildford town centre, named the eighth best place to live in the UK in the Halifax Quality of Life Survey 2015. Located just 34 minutes from London.
Internationalisation permeates all that we do at Surrey, contributing significantly to our mission to solve global challenges, lead research and innovation, and our research is addressing this century’s most pressing challenges, fuelling students with a spirit of curiosity and drive to improve the world.
How the scholarship programme works
The Surrey International Scholarship for Excellence is aimed at high-calibre International students from the following countries:
|Africa||Middle East||South Asia||South East Asia|
Applicants must hold an offer to study full-time on one of the following programmes within Surrey Business School, the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management and the School of Law.
Surrey Business School
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Business Analytics
- MSc Corporate Finance
- MSc Entrepreneurship
- MSc Human Resource Management
- MSc International Business Management
- MSc International Financial Management
- MSc International Marketing Management
- MSc International Retail Marketing
- MSc Investment Management
- MSc Marketing Management
- MSc Occupational and Organizational Psychology
- MSc Operations and Logistics Management
School of Hospitality and Tourism
- MSc Air Transport Management
- MSc International Events Management
- MSc International Events Management (Euromasters)*
- MSc International Hospitality Management (Euromasters)*
- MSc International Hotel Management
- MSc International Tourism Development
- MSc International Tourism Management
- MSc International Tourism Management (Euromasters)*
- MSc International Tourism Marketing
- MSc Strategic Hotel Management
*First year only
School of Law
Funded by the University, we are offering scholarships worth between £2,000 and £4,000 (paid in the form of a fee discount).
Who is eligible?
Offer holders who fulfil the above criteria and who achieve either a 2:1 or a 1st class honours degree or equivalent are eligible. Please refer to www.surrey.ac.uk/international if you have queries about our typical equivalencies.
- For programmes requiring a 2:1 we will give £4,000 for offer holders achieving a 1st class honours (or equivalent) and £2,000 for those achieving a 2:1 with honours (or equivalent)
- For programmes requiring a 2:2 we offer a scholarship of £2,000 for all offer holders achieving a 2:1 with honours (or equivalent)
- Be an offer holder for a full-time programme in one of the above departments
- Eligible candidates MUST apply for their chosen programme within the timeframe permitted and in advance of any course closures / deadlines
- Eligible candidates must accept their offer to study within the permitted timeframe and confirm their wish to study by paying the required deposit in advance of the deadline.
- Be an overseas fee payer (this scholarship is not available to those students who are eligible to pay fees at the home rate)
- Be self-funded (paying for your studies independently rather than being sponsored or in receipt of another scholarship) and not be approved for any other University-funded scholarship
- You must be a national of one of the above listed countries to be eligible.
- Meet all conditions of your offer.
How to apply
There is no formal application for this scholarship. All eligible offer holders that comply with the above mentioned criteria will be considered, and all qualifying offer holders will be notified by email. To secure the offer, applicants must accept their offer to study within the permitted timeframe and confirm their wish to study by paying the required deposit in advance of the deadline.
The award will be paid in the form of a tuition fee discount. (For courses of more than one year, the award is only payable for the first year of study)
Final decisions on the eligibility of applicants and allocation of scholarships will be made by the University of Surrey’s International Student Recruitment Office.
International Student Recruitment Office
DK5, University of Surrey
Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XH
Tel: 01483 689467