Higher and Degree Apprenticeships
The School of Hospitality and Tourism Management are developing apprenticeship programmes for managers and senior leaders currently living in England and employed in the hospitality, tourism and events industries.
Our programmes are being designed to develop strong leadership skills amongst top talent. All modules are sector specific and designed to meet industry standards developed by employers. All modules combine theoretical and experiential learning and include off-the-job self-study, on-the-job project based learning and mentoring.
Apprentices must have significant experience of working at a supervisory or managerial level within our industry sectors and have the necessary foundations on which to further build their knowledge, experience and skills. They will spend part of their time learning at University (block release) and part with their employers, learning while working. A rigorous assessment is required to test both academic learning and professional competencies.
- Develop skills to fulfil leadership role requirements and progress their careers
- Gain a full apprenticeship certification and higher education qualification while working
- Engage with other learners, network and share best practices.
- Take an active role, working with the University in preparing the next generation of leaders for our industry
- Use the programmes as part of their staff recruitment and retention strategy
- Retrain and upskill existing staff
- Increase productivity by giving staff the opportunity to become highly qualified in their respective roles
- Use their levy fund to pay for apprenticeship training and the assessment (where applicable), or
- Benefit from the government funding scheme (90 per cent for non-levy payers).
Indicative modules include:
- Strategic management
- Entrepreneurship, innovation and change
- Ethics and CSR
- Accounting and finance
- Strategic human resources
- Research methods
- The digital economy and future trends.