International student exchange

All students are entitled to spend one semester of their second year studying at a host university in various exciting destinations worldwide, from Singapore and Australia to Sweden and New Zealand.

Course details

What are the requirements?

To be eligible you’ll need an average mark of at least 60 per cent in your first year and have consistently good marks up until the point of application. Once at the partner university you must enrol on a specific number of modules and/or credit. Successful completion of each module adds credit to your student record at Surrey.

What are the costs involved?

You won’t need to pay fees to your host university, but there will be extra expenses involved such as travel, immunisations and increased living expenses in certain destinations (Canada and Hong Kong, for example).

If you’re heading to a university in Europe you will be eligible for an Erasmus grant, but there are also other scholarships available, which you may be able to take advantage of.

How do I apply?

Once you’ve done your research and met your personal tutor, you’ll need to apply online and submit a personal statement by the end of January. If you’re accepted onto the course you’ll be notified by the exchange team the following month.

Find out more.

Contact us

  • Phone: +44 (0)1483 686300
  • Fax: +44 (0)1483 686346

Find us

School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
University of Surrey