Shanghai Graduation Celebration Ceremony
Many thanks for your interest in the Shanghai Graduation Celebration Ceremony. The following common questions should answer any queries you might have about the event:
What is included in my graduate ticket?
- Your graduation gown and hat (which is yours to keep after the event).
- Entrance to the Gala Dinner with cocktails, large buffet menu, live music and entertainment
- £5 donation to our Forever Surrey Fund which supports current Surrey students in unexpected hardship and helps our clubs and societies to thrive.
What is included with guest tickets and how many can I buy?
- You may purchase up to four adult guest tickets.
- Tickets include access to the graduation ceremony and the gala dinner
- If you require more than four guest tickets please email us at email@example.com
Can I bring children, and do they need a ticket?
- Yes you can bring children. Children require a separate seat and tickets can be booked free of charge by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The event is not very suitable for children under 10 due to the length of the ceremony.
How do I book my place at the graduation?
There are three simple steps to register for this ceremony.
Before you start, please:
- Measure your height and the circumference of your head (2.5 centimetres above your eyebrows) to choose a gown and hat size .
- Make a note of your booking reference number which will be on your invitation email.
Complete our simple ticket reservation form at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ShanghaiCeremony
The Events team will get in touch with you to ask you about your measurements for your graduation gown and hat.
We will also send you a link to make payment for your graduation tickets. We can accept China Pay, UnionPay, or a bank transfer.
If you receive a payment confirmation asking for scans of identification, please ignore. This is not needed for graduation events.
Once we have received your payment (please allow five days for processing) you will be fully booked to attend the graduation ceremony and gala dinner. We will invite you into a special WeChat group for registered guests where you can ask any questions and find out about the plans for the event.
What is your refund policy?
Unfortunately, ticket refunds cannot be made once purchased.
How will I receive my tickets?
- You will receive a booking confirmation by email when your payment has been processed (please allow five days from your payment date).
- Please bring your booking confirmation email with you to the graduation celebration ceremony to collect your tickets and gown.
I have already attended a UK graduation ceremony, can I still take part?
- Yes. This event is for graduates from undergraduate and postgraduate courses and all years of graduation.
Will I receive any more information before the event?
- Before the event, you will receive an email containing full information about the ceremony including timings.
- A specific WeChat group has been set up to keep you updated - search for 'Shanghai Graduation 2019'
What should I wear on the day?
- Dress code is smart business dress. Men: shirt and smart trousers. Women: blouse and skirt/trousers or a smart dress.
- You will receive your gown and hat when you register and this will be yours to keep after the event.
Measuring for your graduation hat
To give the size for your mortarboard hat, please use a tape measure to measure the circumference of your head, one inch (25mm) above your eyebrows.
Will I receive a certificate?
- You will receive a special commemorative certificate at the ceremony. Please note this is not your actual Surrey degree certificate.
What will happen on the day?
- Please arrive at 1400 hours to allow time to register, for gowning and taking photos
- At registration you will receive your tickets, guest tickets, gown and seating card
- Our staff will direct you to the stage when your time arrives. It is essential that you sit in the allocated seat to ensure that the correct order of names is read out
- When you have received your certificate, please return to your seat
- The ceremony is estimated to last 90 minutes
- Before and after the ceremony there will be photography opportunities
- A celebration reception will begin at 6.15pm where dinner will be served.
Will there be photography taken at the event?
- Professional photography will be available to purchase on the day
- No flash photography during the ceremony and guests are asked to remain in their seats.
Any other questions?
Contact the alumni events team by email email@example.com, by phone on +44 (0) 7811 290537 or on WeChat – details to be added.
- 您可以购买四张成人票。 门票包括毕业典礼和晚宴招待会。
请通过邮件alumnievents@surrey.ac.uk、或电话 +44 (0) 7811 290537。