Street-scale greening for cooling and clean air in cities (SCAN) webinar privacy notice
Street-scale greening for cooling and clean air in cities (SCAN) webinar team are part of the University of Surrey. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office and are committed to ensuring that the personal data we process is handled in accordance with data protection legislation. We have a named Data Protection Officer, Elizabeth Powis, who can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect and process the following data about you:
- Email address.
We collect your personal data in order to:
- Register you for one of our webinars:
- Update you with event logistics
- Provide event material after the webinars.
We do not use the data we collect to make decisions about you or to analyse information on an individual level.
We take our obligations for data handling very seriously and it is therefore important for you to know that the lawful basis for us processing your information is with your consent.
The University collects only the data we need and we keep the data up to date and only for as long as it is needed.
We will keep your data for a maximum of three months after the webinar to share webinar material.
Your data will not be shared with any external organisation unless we have your permission.
As an individual whose data we process (a data subject), you have certain rights in relation to the processing. Find detailed information about your rights as a data subject.
You have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data where we have relied on that consent as our basis for processing your data.
- Ask us to confirm that your personal data is being processed and to access (i.e. have a copy) of that data as well as to be provided with supplemental information about the processing.
- Request that we rectify any inaccuracies where the data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Have your data erased by us, although in certain circumstances we may not be able to do this. The circumstances where this applies can be found in the guide to data subject rights information.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain ways.
- Obtain your personal data for reuse.
- Object to certain processing of your personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights please visit our make a privacy request section.
Make a complaint
If you have any concerns about the way that we have handled your personal data please email our webinar team as we would like to have the opportunity to resolve your concerns.
If you’re still unhappy, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (an independent body set up to advise on information rights for the UK) about the way in which we process your personal data.