Robotics facilities (STAR lab)
"Dusty" robotics laboratory
- Soil simulants preparation equipment
- Robotic test rigs with force control, data acquisition and analysis, and adjustable gravity effect
- Qualysis motion capture system with infra-red motion cameras & 3D motion tracking (sub-mm accuracy)
- Field trial preparation.
"Clean" robotics laboratory
- Surrey Rover Autonomous Software and Hardware Test-bed (SMART), with multiple micro-rovers of Mecanum wheeled, normal wheeled, tracked (ranging 20 to 100kg each), mono and stereo cameras, 2D and 3D LIDAR, and operating on standardized mid-ware ROS for testing of modular autonomy functions and/or applications
- Commercial robotic platforms for algorithms and software testing validation, incl. Pioneer 3AT, Seekur Jr, Pepper, MIRO and so on
- ESA PANGU Simulator
- ESA APCI Framework
- High performance computing servers/clouds.
Reconfigurable orbital robotics testbed
- 3DOF air bearing table
- 6 DPF robotic arm and 2D robotic gripper
- Testbed for orbital robotics incl. proximity GNC and autonomy.