SurreyAsks 2021 prize draw terms and conditions
1. The Promoter of this prize draw is the University of Surrey of Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH (the “University”). If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
2. Our prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
3. By submitting an entry, participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. The University reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award a prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
5. Unless otherwise stated, our prize draw is open to all alumni of the University (except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw) who complete the SurreyAsks 2021 survey and provide a contactable email address on entry.
6. All entries must be submitted via the SurreyAsks 2021 survey and only one entry per person is permitted. The opening date for entries is midnight on 22 April 2021. The closing date of the prize draw is midnight on 23 May 2021. Entries received after this time will not be counted. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind
7. In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
8. The University reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw.
9. Winners will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process within one month of the closing date of the draw (the “Draw Date”).
10. The winners will receive an Amazon voucher to the value of either £100 or £25. There is 1 £100 voucher in the prize pool and 20 £25 vouchers.
11. The winners will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) within 7 days of the Draw Date and must provide an email address to claim their prize. If any winner does not respond to the University within 14 days of being notified, then that winner’s prize will be forfeited and the University will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
12. Prizes will be sent to the winners by email within 14 days of successfully responding to the University notification in 11 above.
13. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The University reserves the right to replace the prizes with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the University’s control makes it necessary to do so.
14. The decision of the University regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
15. The University as promoter of this draw must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the University will send the surname of major prize winners to anyone who emails firstname.lastname@example.org within one month after the closing date stated in condition 6. If you object to any or all of your surname being published or made available, please contact the University email@example.com. In such circumstances, the University must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
16. The University reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of liability
17. Insofar as is permitted by law, the University will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the University, or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data protection and publicity
19. All our prize draws will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.