The University of Surrey is ambitious to achieve its status as a world-class university characterised by the digital advantage we offer our staff and students. The Corporate Strategy (2017-22) presents a vision that ‘We will build on our distinctive heritage of practice-based learning and excellent student experience, and embrace our future by focusing on digital transformation’.
The Department of Technology Enhanced Learning comprises a skilled and ambitious team of experts in the field of technology enhanced learning who are taking a leading role in shaping the university’s plans to enhance the student learning experience through digital transformation.
- Works with Faculties and Departments to help them achieve the strategic priorities set out in the Learning and Teaching Strategy and in the evaluation of pedagogic practice related to the use of technology-enhanced teaching and learning.
- Offers support and guidance through show and tell events, practical workshops, online courses and masters modules to disseminate and embed technology enhanced learning.
- Provides and supports a range of technologies for learning and teaching, to ensure staff and students have the digital and physical resources to make the most of blended and flipped pedagogic approaches.
- Supports teams in their design of contemporary, challenging inclusive curricular and co-curricular activities which use digital resources to enrich learning and which develop digital literacies.
- Engages students as partners in shaping pedagogical approaches and activities through our co-design approach.