Terms and conditions for MySurrey Hive Prize Draw
1. By entering this prize draw (the “Prize Draw”), each entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The Prize Draw promoter is: the University of Surrey (company no. RC000671), whose registered office is Senate House, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XH, UK (the “University”).
3. The title of the Prize Draw is: MySurrey Hive Easter Prize Draw.
4. The rules of the Prize draw and how to enter are as follows:
5. The Prize draw is open to current students studying at the University of Surrey.
6. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter the Prize Draw and claim any prize. The University may ask the winners to provide proof of age.
7. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Prize Draw.
8. To enter the Prize Draw, like the Prize Draw post on Facebook and leave a comment telling us your favourite chocolate treat.
9. There is no limit to the number of entries you may post, however entrants can only win a maximum of one prize.
10. Entries may be made from 9am on 22 March 2019 until 12pm on 27 March 2019 (the “Closing Date”). After the Closing Date no further entries to the Prize Draw will be accepted and will be disqualified. The winners will be announced on 28 March on the MySurrey Hive Facebook page.
11. The University will not accept responsibility for entries which are lost or not received by the Closing Date for any reason, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. The University will not accept proof of posting, transmission or equivalent as proof of receipt of entry to the Competition.
12. Entries must not infringe rights of any third-party, including for example copyright, trademarks, confidentiality or privacy.
13. The University reserves all rights to disqualify entrants if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Prize Draw, including without limitation by submitting entries which are discriminatory, abusive, contrary to principles of public decency or otherwise infringe any applicable laws.
14. The University reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize Draw and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, industrial action, natural disaster, fire or flood , any applicable law or regulation reasonably requiring such cancellation or amendment or any other circumstances outside of the University’s reasonable control. Any changes to the Prize Draw will be notified to entrants as soon as reasonably possible by the University.
15. The University is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with the Prize Draw.
16. The prizes are as follows:
- 1st prize – One large Easter egg and £40 Amazon gift card.
- 2nd prize – One large Easter egg and £20 Amazon gift card.
- 3nd prize – One medium Easter egg
- Runner up prizes – 5 small Easter eggs (one per winner)
17. Three main prizes and 5 runner up prizes will be awarded. The prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. The prizes are subject to availability and the University reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with another of equivalent value without notice.
18. The winners will selected at random using a random number generator.
19. The Prize Draw winners will be notified by direct message on Facebook after 12pm on Wednesday March 27th. The University will notify the winners when they can collect their prize from the Hive. If a winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 2 days of notification, the University reserves the right to withdraw the prizes from that winner and award the prizes to the next eligible entry (the “substitute”), based on the second favourite photograph/video, and so on. The University does not accept responsibility if the winners (or any substitute) do not claim the prize.
20. The University’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Prize Draw will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. If you are a winner or runner up of the Prize Draw, you will be contacted for consent to further agree that the University may use your name and image to announce you as a winner in the Competition. The Competition winners will be contacted to ask for consent for the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as the publication of their winning entry.
23. Subject to the consent of the winners, the winners’ winning entries will be available for a period of 30 days from 28 days after Closing Date by emailing the following address: email@example.com.
24. Entrants agree that the University may make their entries available on its MySurrey website and any other media and in connection with any publicity of the Competition. Entrants agree to grant the University a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in their Competition entry, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, adapt, store, re-format and sub-licence the Competition entry for such purposes.
25. To the extent permitted by law, the University will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner (or substitute prize winner) or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of that person taking up the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the University, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. The statutory rights of the winner and runners-up (or substitute) are not affected.
27. The University‘s decision as to those eligible to take part, the selection of the winners (or substitute) is final.
28. The University shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions. Such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
30. The Prize Draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.