Terms and conditions for #MySurrey Instagram competition
1. By entering this competition (the “Competition”), each entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The Competition promoter is: the University of Surrey (company no. RC000671), whose registered office is Senate House, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XH, UK (the “University”).
3. The title of the Competition is: #MySurrey Instagram Competition.
4. The rules of the Competition and how to enter are as follows:
5. The Competition is open to current students studying at the University of Surrey.
6. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter the Competition and claim any prize. The University may ask the winners to provide proof of age.
7. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Competition.
8. To enter the Competition, post a picture or video on Instagram relating to your life at the University of Surrey, including the hashtag #MySurrey.
9. There is no limit to the number of entries you may post, however entrants can only win a maximum of one prize.
10. Entries may be made from 9am on 5th November 2018 until 12pm on 30th November 2018 (the “Closing Date”). After the Closing Date no further entries to the Competition will be accepted and will be disqualified.
11. The University will not accept responsibility for entries which are lost or not received by the Closing Date for any reason, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. The University will not accept proof of posting, transmission or equivalent as proof of receipt of entry to the Competition.
12. Entries must not infringe rights of any third-party, including for example copyright, trademarks, confidentiality or privacy.
13. The University reserves all rights to disqualify entrants if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition, including without limitation by submitting entries which are discriminatory, abusive, contrary to principles of public decency or otherwise infringe any applicable laws.
14. The University reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, industrial action, natural disaster, fire or flood , any applicable law or regulation reasonably requiring such cancellation or amendment or any other circumstances outside of the University’s reasonable control. Any changes to the Competition will be notified to entrants as soon as reasonably possible by the University.
15. The University is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with the Competition.
16. The prizes are:
- 8 x £10 Amazon vouchers.
17. Two prizes will be awarded each week. The prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. The prizes are subject to availability and the University reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with another of equivalent value without notice.
18. The winners will be the persons who post the University’s favourite photographs and videos within the competition. The winners will be decided by an independent panel from the University of Surrey Social Media team.
19. The Competition winners will be notified by direct message via the social media platform on which they submitted their winning entry within 5 days of the Closing Date. The University will notify the winners when and where prizes can be collected / will be delivered. If a winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 2 days of notification, the University reserves the right to withdraw the prizes from that winner and award the prizes to the next eligible entry (the “substitute”), based on the second favourite photograph/video, and so on. The University does not accept responsibility if the winners (or any substitute) do not claim the prize.
20. The University’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. Once the winners have been chosen, they will be contacted to ask for consent for the processing of their personal data for the purpose of administering the Competition and in accordance with current UK data protection legislation, including the Data Protection Act and the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
22. If you are a winner of the Competition, you will be contacted for consent to further agree that the University may use your name and image to announce you as a winner in the Competition. The Competition winners will be contacted to ask for consent for the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as the publication of their winning entry.
23. Subject to the consent of the winners, the winners’ winning entries will be available for a period of 30 days from 28 days after Closing Date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
24. Entrants agree that the University may make their entries available on its website and any other media and in connection with any publicity of the Competition. Entrants agree to grant the University a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in their Competition entry, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, adapt, store, re-format and sub-licence the Competition entry for such purposes.
25. To the extent permitted by law, the University will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner (or substitute prize winner) or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of that person taking up the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the University, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. The statutory rights of the winner and runners-up (or substitute) are not affected.
27. The University‘s decision as to those eligible to take part, the selection of the winners (or substitute) is final.
28. The University shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions. Such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
30. The Competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.