Centre for Environmental Strategy
The Centre for Environmental Strategy (CES) is an internationally-acclaimed centre of excellence on sustainable development. It takes an inter-disciplinary approach to the analysis of sustainable systems, integrating strong, engineering based approaches with insights from the social sciences to develop action-oriented, policy relevant responses to long-term environmental and social issues. CES’ leading-edge Masters and Doctoral programmes equip students for careers towards a sustainable future.
CES prides itself in providing a friendly and supportive environment in which our internationally and culturally diverse group of students and staff can flourish.
- Internationally-Acclaimed Centre of Excellence on Sustainable Development
- Inter-Disciplinary Research for Long-Term Social and Environmental Change
- Integrating Innovative Research, Teaching and Advice
- Student Designs 'Zero Bills' House
- Role Available in the Centre for the Understanding of Sustainable Prosperity (CUSP)
- Vacancy in the Centre for Environmental Strategy
- Fourishing Humanity: Autumn Public Lecture Series 2016
- CES hosts Showcase 2016
- Estimating the carbon footprint of crime
- Prof Tim Jackson announced as Hillary Laureate 2016
- Round-up of the British Councils Researcher Links Workshop in Kuala Lumpur
- New Book by Prof Stephen Morse : Rich Pictures
- Could palm oil be greener than we think?
- PhD Studentships Available in the Centre for Environmental Strategy
- Enough is Enough: Listen to Prof Tim Jackson on BBC Radio 4