Centre for Environmental Strategy
The Centre for Environmental Strategy (CES) is an internationally-acclaimed centre of excellence on sustainable development. It takes an inter-disciplinary approach to the analysis of sustainable systems, integrating strong, engineering based approaches with insights from the social sciences to develop action-oriented, policy relevant responses to long-term environmental and social issues. CES’ leading-edge Masters and Doctoral programmes equip students for careers towards a sustainable future.
CES prides itself in providing a friendly and supportive environment in which our internationally and culturally diverse group of students and staff can flourish.
- Internationally-Acclaimed Centre of Excellence on Sustainable Development
- Inter-Disciplinary Research for Long-Term Social and Environmental Change
- Integrating Innovative Research, Teaching and Advice
- PhD Studentships Available in the Centre for Environmental Strategy
- Enough is Enough: Listen to Prof Tim Jackson on BBC Radio 4
- Urban Metabolism: a Review in the UK Context
- What will consumption and production look like in 2030?
- CES Professor Tim Jackson debates the case for slower growth in the Economist
- Surrey professor receives top award at the International Society of Industrial Ecology conference
- Surrey’s Centre for Environmental Strategy leads Mexico-UK bilateral research workshop on Biorefinery
- CES Receive the Athena SWAN Departmental Bronze Award
- CES Tim Jackson Interviewed by Larry Elliot of the Guardian
- CT scanning reveals why tilting trees produce better biofuel
- Dr Jacquetta Lee contributes to the BBC World Service Discovery Programme on the 'Throwaway Society'
- STUDENTSHIPS AVAILABLE