About Our Accommodation
We have over 5000 rooms of various types to suit all budgets. All our Courts, as we call the halls of residence at Surrey, are self-catering with shared kitchen facilities, except for the studio flats (band F) at Manor Park. Almost all rooms are single, although we also have 86 split-level shared rooms (called duplex rooms) in Stag Hill Court, and 40 studio flats at Manor Park that are suitable for couples.
Explore our virtual tours and accommodation videos.
Rooms are banded from A to E according to price and amenities. Details of typical rooms in each price band are available from the links below. Applicants may indicate their preferred Band and Campus of rooms, but should be aware that these are preferences only and we cannot guarantee to allocate exactly what has been indicated.
Accessible or adapted rooms
We have a number of rooms throughout the Courts that have been adapted to meet the requirements of students with disabilities, such as wheelchair accessibility or deaf adaptations. If you would like details of what support or adaptations are available, please contact the Additional Learning Support department to discuss your needs.
What you can expect
- All rooms have broadband service and personal belongings insurance included in the rent.
- All rooms are equipped with a bed, desk and chair, reading lamp, bookshelf and storage for clothes. No bedding is supplied. If you would like to purchase a bed-pack, please look in the Online Shop.
- All kitchens are equipped with cooker, fridge, freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster, iron and ironing board. Cutlery, crockery, saucepans and containers for separating residents' food in fridges are not supplied.
- All Courts are served by Reception Buildings where residents collect room keys and their mail.
- All Courts, except Bellerby Court, have a communal television room.
- Rooms are allocated according to term dates; for undergraduates this is usually about 38 weeks, or about 50 weeks for postgraduates.
- Different categories of students are usually placed in different buildings/flats within each Court (for example first year undergraduates would normally be housed with other first year undergraduates).
- Most flats are mixed gender but we do have single sex flats in most Courts. In those flats residents are not permitted to have visitors of the opposite sex after 10pm.
- All communal areas and bedrooms are non-smoking.