Dr Ioannis Lazopoulos
Lecturer in Economics
Qualifications: BA (Staffs), MSc (Bham), PhD (Keele)
Phone: Work: 01483 68 2771
Room no: 05 AD 00
Wednesday 10.00am - 12.00noon
RePEc web page: download papers
Ioannis joined the department as a lecturer in Economics in the University of Surrey in 2008. Prior to this, he worked in various capacities at Keele University (since 2001), where he also received his doctorate with commendation in 2006. Ioannis holds a B.A.(Hons) in Business and Financial Economics from Staffordshire University, and a M.Sc. in Money, Banking and Finance from the University of Birmingham.
Ioannis' main research interests are in microeconomics, information economics, financial economics and contract theory. His research focuses on theory of financial intermediation, encompassing the areas of financial stability and financial regulation. Other areas of interest include experimental economics with emphasis on the experimental evidence on multi-player repeated games.
Tim Worrall (University of Edinburgh), Frederique Bracoud (University of Queensland), Vasco Gabriel (University of Surrey)
- Mrs. Diana Lima: Monetary Policy and Bank Regulation
- Mr Onur Akkaya: The Role of Technological Change and Financial Innovations on Bank Failures in Turkey.
Lazopoulos I. (2013) 'Liquidity Uncertainty and Intermediation'. Journal of Banking and Finance, vol. 37(2), pages 403-414.
- Lima D., Lazopoulos I. and Gabriel V. "Monetary Policy and Bank Regulation: Is there a Conflict of Interest?", DP 17/12, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Lima D. and Lazopoulos I. "Institutional arrangements between Monetary Policy and Banking Regulation and Supervision: A Survey".
- Lazopoulos, I. and F. Bracoud, "Information Transmission and Optimal Intermediation".
- Lazopoulos, I. "Cycles and Banking Crisis".
- Diedrich M. and Lazopoulos I. "Experimental Analysis of Friendship Selection" (work in progress).
Academic Integrity Officer
Discussion Papers Coordinator
SISC Link Tutor
Deputy Examinations Officer