Dr Ioannis Lazopoulos
Lecturer in Economics
Qualifications: BA (Staffs), MSc (Bham), PhD (Keele)
Phone: Work: 01483 68 2771
Room no: 05 AD 00
Fridays 1.00pm - 3.00pm
RePEc web page: download papers
Ioannis joined the department as a lecturer in Economics in the University of Surrey in 2008. Prior to this, he worked in various capacities at Keele University (since 2001), where he also received his doctorate with commendation in 2006. Ioannis holds a B.A.(Hons) in Business and Financial Economics from Staffordshire University, and a M.Sc. in Money, Banking and Finance from the University of Birmingham.
Ioannis' main research interests are in microeconomics, information economics, financial economics and contract theory. His research focuses on theory of financial intermediation, encompassing the areas of financial stability and financial regulation. Other areas of interest include experimental economics with emphasis on the experimental evidence on multi-player repeated games.
Vasco Gabriel (University of Surrey), Diana Lima (Central Bank of Portugal), Miriam Al Lily (Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University, Saudi Arabia), Frederique Bracoud (University of Queensland)
- Mrs. Diana Lima: Monetary Policy and Bank Regulation (Viva scheduled for October 2016)
- Mr Onur Akkaya: The Role of Technological Change and Financial Innovations on Bank Failures in Turkey (passed Viva - minor corrections)
Lazopoulos I. (2013) 'Liquidity Uncertainty and Intermediation'. Journal of Banking and Finance, vol. 37(2), pages 403-414.
- Lima D., Lazopoulos I. and Gabriel V. "The Effect of Financial Regulation Mandate on Inflation Bias: A Dynamic Panel Approach, DP 06/16, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Lazopoulos I. and Gabriel V. "The Role of the Financial Supervisory Architecture on Welfare".
- Diedrich M. and Lazopoulos I. "Homophily in Friendship Selection: Experimental Evidence from a Multi-Player Prisoner’s Dilemma".
- Lazopoulos, I. and F. Bracoud, "Information Transmission and Optimal Intermediation".
- Lazopoulos, I. "Cycles and Banking Crisis".
Academic Integrity Officer
Discussion Papers Coordinator
Deputy Examinations Officer
SISC Link Tutor