A one-day course designed for professionals in the hospitality and tourism industry, to help define what social media means for your business, brand and future.
Every day, significant technological changes impact the way media is produced, published and consumed. In our industry, social marketing is playing a leading role in connecting brands with customers and yet many organisations do not fully understand how to develop a strong social media strategy and how to harness the returns.
This course provides you with practical tips and guidance on how to maximise the use of social, and data analysis to grow the right customer base. You will learn what it takes to run effective social media campaigns, hook new audiences and generate more bookings.
"Thank you so much for having us. We had a great time and learned so much!"Charlotte Malecki, Head of Marketing, The Piano Works
- Demystify social media
- Develop your confidence in the tools available
- Explore the current trends and best practice
- Integrate social media into your marketing strategy and overall business growth plan
- Measure the ROI on a variety of digital and social channels
- Think strategically
- Content marketing and how to achieve cut through
- Digital advertising and activities that drive sales
- Digital marketing and social media in the visitor economy - trends and areas to consider
- Email marketing (in view of GDPR – how to rebuild your database)
- Social media marketing
Anthony Rawlins is Managing Director at Digital Visitor, voted 2019 Digital Agency of the Year. This multi-award winning social commerce agency help tourism, destination, experience and hospitality brands use digital to attract more visitors.See profile
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
- Professionals in the hospitality, travel and tourism industry wishing to grow the number of visitors they can attract using social media.
- Professionals in the visitor economy sector who wish to hear from experts to help support and enhance their marketing strategy.
Fees and funding
Price per person:
Please note, there is a 10% discount for group bookings.
Terms and conditions
When you accept an offer of a place at the University of Surrey, you are agreeing to comply with our policies and regulations and our terms and conditions. You are also confirming you have read and understood the University's prospective student privacy notice.
Further details of our terms and conditions will follow.
This online prospectus has been prepared and published in advance of the commencement of the course. The University of Surrey has used its reasonable efforts to ensure that the information is accurate at the time of publishing, but changes (for example to course content or additional costs) may occur given the interval between publishing and commencement of the course. It is therefore very important to check this website for any updates before you apply for a course with us. Read more.