The University of Surrey is home to thousands of students from all over the world.
Current student numbers
In the 2016-17 academic year, we have over 15,000 students at Surrey – as well as over 672 studying for the first stage of courses at our campus in China.
- Undergraduate students: 12,114
- Postgraduate (taught) students: 2,600
- Postgraduate (research) students: 1,005
An international student body
37 per cent of students at Surrey are from outside the UK, helping to demonstrate both the diversity of our student body and the international reputation the University enjoys.
Key student facts
View Surrey's student data for the last five academic years (files open as PDFs):
- Student key facts 2016-17
- Student key facts 2015-16
- Student key facts 2014-15
- Student key facts 2013-14
- Student key facts 2012-13
- Student key facts 2011-12
Please note that the numbers on this page cover all students as at 1 December 2016, excluding those who were absent, taking assessments or writing up on this date. Franchised students are excluded.
Undergraduate and postgraduate (taught) numbers include incoming exchange, visiting and other 'occasional' students taking modules for credit only.