The University of Surrey is driving technological, social and environmental change in a world facing increasing challenges. From informing sustainability policy to developing 5G technology, the University is committed to delivering real-world impact which benefits our local and global community.
Our goals for impact
Our impact philosophy represents a commitment to engaged, applied research, which contributes to improving the world we live in through technological innovation, commercial and social enterprise and driving forward policy and professional practice.
We strive to:
- Produce first-rate academic research with real-world solutions
- Increase public awareness and understanding of our research and disseminate to relevant beneficiaries
- Build on our rich scientific and technological heritage through technology transfer and commercialisation
- Broaden collaboration and co-production of research with international partners, government, industry and charitable organisations
- Understand the needs of our stakeholders and provide solutions that directly respond to societal needs
- Encourage interdisciplinary enquiry within the University in order to solve complex issues with a multidisciplinary approach
- Boost the south east’s regional economy through innovation, business enterprise and support of SMEs